Saturday, January 31, 2009

a moment of mourning...













I learned a few days ago that domino magazine is officially ending. Metaphorical tears were falling. My heart sank. After referencing this magazine at work for years, I had finally asked for a gift subscription for Christmas! I'm a renter, so subscribing was a kind of tricky decision--do I just add to the pile of magazines I already try to keep up with even though most of Domino's content is inapplicable and unaffordable for my personal situation? Or do I delight in the lovely spreads, inspiring information, and just save the tips for a rainy day that I might spend in my future home?? I went for the latter. Gimme that mag!

Conde Nast must be laughing at us new subscribers (well, they would be if they weren't crying themselves.) Sorry, Charlie! Your wishes are DENIED. So I will enjoy the January, February, and March issues and then the magazine folds forever, INCLUDING the online ventures I do believe. Ultra sadness.

After sharing this news with several friends, there was an immediate response of "WHAT?!?!?!? BUT I JUST RENEWED MY SUBSCRIPTION!" and "I JUST GOT A SUBSCRIPTION FOR MY BIRTHDAY!" Sigh...no more Blueprint, now no more Domino. Now what will be the hip home magazine to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment